Our vision is a world in which students, teachers, and staff are safe from the dangerous use of restraint and seclusion in schools.
Our mission is to influence a change in local, state and federal policy so that restraint and seclusion are not used in schools across the nation. In reducing and eliminating the use of restraint and seclusion, schools will become safer for students, teachers, and staff. We will accomplish this mission by providing informational resources and support for parents, teachers, advocates and others who are working to influence change.
- Our main message is that we can and should reduce and eliminate the use of restraint and seclusion.
- We are concerned that the use of restraint and seclusion disproportionately impact children with disabilities and minorities.
- We would like to see Federal Legislation in the United States that prohibits seclusion.
- We support proactive approaches to working with children who exhibit challenging behaviors (CPS, Introspection, etc.).
- We support crisis management that does not rely on the use of restraint and seclusion (such as Ukeru).
- We believe that kids do well if they can, and if they are not doing well they need comfort not control.
- We want to influence people to take action to promote change by connecting with others and getting involved.