Parental advocacy resources to access to when a child has been restraint or secluded.
- Individual State Educational Agencies
- Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)
- State Parent Training Centers – Find your state’s parent training center
- Other websites
Description of legal rights under the law
- Parent’s Procedural Safeguards are given to parents/guardian once a year and should be found on each SEA (State Department of Education)
- The AASR Individual State Laws on Seclusion and Restraint
- State Parent Training Centers
- National Disability Rights
- Department of Justice – Civil Rights
- Department of Education – Office of Civil Rights
Glossary and Terms
Understanding the terms used is an important first step.
Find support resources for you and your family.
Advocating for changes in your child’s IEP and laws.
A growing library of research to share with your team.